In Episode 6 of the Between Two Baobab Trees series, we will focus on issues of water security, sanitation and hygiene, what we at USAID have begun to call WSSH or "whush." This acronym incorporates water, sanitation and hygiene, or what is commonly known in the sector as, WASH, with broader water security issues such as those addressed by water resources management or WRM techniques.
At the end of this course, you should be able to recognize
- How to build up water supply protection and flood control
- What USAD can do when it comes to building resilience against climate change
- A starting point for discussions with local climate service providers
- 2 hours
- Thursday, August 17, 2023
- Zachery Burt is a Senior WASH Advisor in the USAID Office of Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition.
- Guy Howard is the Global Research Chair in Infrastructure and Environmental Resilience and Director of the Cabot Institute for the Environment at the University of Bristol.
- David Fuente is an Assistant Professor in the School of the Earth, Ocean and Environment at the University of South Carolina.