In Episode 8 of the Between Two Baobab Trees series, we will explore this intersection through the lens of gender equality and women's empowerment. For part one, we begin to understand how climate change disproportionately impacts women and girls, and why gender equality and women's empowerment is critical to the success of not just health and climate programming, but development programming at large.
At the end of this course, you should be able to recognize
- How marginalized groups are most affected by the climate crisis
- How understanding the varying layers of gender inequalities helps determine the needs, gaps, barriers, and approaches to take in order to meet those needs.
- How we can meet differential needs
- 2 hours
- Thursday, August 17, 2023
- Tiffani Scales, Program Development Officer who has been with USAID’s Bureau for Africa Health team
- Matthew D. Emry serves as USAID Africa Bureau’s Senior Gender Advisor